PARTIAL REOPENING OF BRINTON LAKE DERMATOLOGY
MONDAY, MAY 11,2020
We hope this message finds you happy and healthy during the challenging times brought by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To those of you who have faced more serious consequences of this pandemic, we offer our deepest condolences and wish you strength and healing.
As you may know, for the past six weeks, our office in Glen Mills has been closed for all but urgent/emergent in-office dermatologic care and for telemedicine, virtual visits. We are, however planning to do a partial reopening of our office in a reduced capacity for our medical and surgical patients starting Monday, May 11, with measures in place to ensure that we provide a safe environment for our patients and staff.
In compliance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, we instituted the following precautions:
- Prescreening all of our patients and staff for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the office;
- Taking of contactless temperatures of all patients at check-in and sending patients home if a fever is detected;
- Requiring all patients to wear a facemask while in our office;
- Restricting office entrance to patients only unless a mobility issue necessitates one family member or companion to offer assistance—we ask that drivers wait outside in their vehicles;
- One-way foot traffic through our office with separate areas for check-in and check-out;
- Social distancing of patients in the waiting room, exam rooms, and check-out areas;
- Availability of hand sanitizer in all public areas;
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by our staff including masks, eyewear, and gloves;
- Removal of reading materials and beverage centers from our public areas;
- Scheduled disinfection of all “high-touch” areas in our office throughout the day including countertops, clipboards, pens, and restrooms;
- Product sales will be handled exclusively by staff directly to clients—no products will be on display;
- Disinfection of all exam and surgical rooms including doorknobs and light switches between each patient visit;
- Daily, in-depth, professional cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and patient exam rooms throughout the office.
In the first few weeks after our reopening, we will focus on scheduling and rescheduling our medical and surgical patients who require essential, time-sensitive dermatologic care. We will limit patient volume to allow for proper social distancing and cleaning of rooms between patients. We will expand hours as necessary to accommodate patient demand while still remaining in compliance with government and CDC guidelines for social distancing. We respectfully request that you help us in these matters by being on time for your appointment and by letting us know if you must cancel your appointment so that we can reschedule you and offer your appointment time to those on our waiting list. For patients who prefer to shelter-at-home, we will continue to offer virtual, telemedicine visits for the following types of skin problems: acne, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and lesion checks. At this time, our cosmetic services are “on pause” and we will inform you when we resume.
Thank you for your continued support as we all adjust to these new challenges. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Doctors at Brinton Lake Dermatology